sunnuntai 3. toukokuuta 2020

MayDay 2020!




May Day was celebrated this weekend. We were on a drive with Kasmir on Thursday. Somehow the really lovely weather now happened to May Day, although it usually rains sleet and is so icy cold. Last May Day 2019, it was quite shockingly cold. I remember when I went to the store with my baby to pick up potato salad supplies so I even regretted going outside for some snow because it was almost snowing and it was so unconsciously cold.

On May Day 2014 I had homewarming party at our current new home. Kasmir was then at my mother over night.. He wouldn't have gotten anything out of the May Day cravings yet. On May Day 2015, I made an rainbow cake.  The rainbow  looked tense as the piece was cut from the cake and there were multicolored layers of caramel-colored inside. I blew the floor into our apartment full of balloons and Kasmir had a new red May Day fan and a black cat costume made by her aunt as a gift. :) 2016 we had masks and was eaten on our lovely balcony with chips, food and store-bought sima. I also  celebrate May Day myself.


MayDay 2015.
On May Day 2015, because of the oven, the temperature in our home gets quite high so I opened the glasses on the balcony and the windows of the apartment. I wondered if it would be cold for the little one when, however, the wind was commendably windy, and it wasn't a particularly warm day. So that’s why I put on the head on that hat inside of house that time: D 


RainbowCake at MayDay 2015.




Niki was almost 1 month old last year, when we had sausages and homemade potato salad at may day 2019. Kasmir had new Spiderman- costume. We had also mint chocolate cheesecake, and we ate it from glasses. And not because I intentionally made it in the glass but because the cake failed and not only stayed in the pile but was still edible so I put it in the glasses. It was just as good as the mint chocolate stuff always, although it didn't work out as it should: D 

Niki and Kasmir were this year police and a robber. I baked donuts and we blown balloons. Kasmir had boiled sausages and potato salad. This year I just bought the salad from the store and it wasn't even the right one, it was the mushroom salad, because all the potato salads had been completely cleaned out of stores and there wasn't a single box left. I didn’t bother then to go specifically to look for it in some store that was still open.  We deviated a little from the tradition. And it doesn't matter. :D But I remember boiled sausages and potato salad tradition from my own childhood, so it must be a thing many years ago. I always remember that those sausages taste really good when floated in a potato salad, even though I otherwise hate sausages  as a child.


MayDay 2020. My little police and robber.



Homemade sima.




I ate mayday doughnuts very collected after all. I reduced the candy eating, and now its time to left all chocolate and white sugar things out of my life for a while. I could ate cake for example at mothersday and my birhtday, but in the future i want to be without white sugar for a longer time.   And there is many other yummies than buns and milk chocolates.

Mayday 2020.

Ei kommentteja:

Spring Picnic in the forest

  Kroo the chihu was with us. 💛 We had our sun- spring picnic every spring when is the first warm weathers and sun is shining. We said welc...